The Huntley Curling Club is seeking a part time Manager for club operations.
Conveniently located in West Ottawa, the Huntley Curling Club is a classic 4-sheet complex within the Historic Carp Fairgrounds. We offer fun winter activities while supporting a healthy and active lifestyle.
The primary responsibilities of the Club Manager for this season will be managing volunteer efforts and revenue generation activities including facility rentals. Other activities include daily and monthly club operations (supplier and external inquiries, mail, voicemail etc.).
This will be a year-round contract with heavier time commitments during the curling season, mid-September through April. Work hours can be flexed to accommodate demand for services however for contract compensation, the schedule was based on 1,000 hours. An example schedule might look like: July-August: ~3.5 hours/week + September-April: ~30 hours/week.
The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, have strong computer skills and work with minimal supervision in a member-driven organization.
- Prior to the beginning of the curling season, ensure that the Club is ready to operate per checklist (ensure appliances, fire extinguishers, defibrillators, etc. are in working order).
- Oversee HCC’s volunteer program and activities, including recruitment of event managers and members to run events. In the event that a volunteer(s) cannot be found to manage the event, the Manager will perform this role.
- Generate revenue through identification and management of third-party rentals, events and use of club facilities.
- Ensure that the 60/40 program is ready for operation in time for the first week of curling. Conduct weekly 60/40 draws and communicate winner’s details to Treasurer, for payment.
- Handle external / non-member inquiries, including rental requests and contracts.
- Attend Board of Director meetings and provide monthly updates.
This 10-month contract will pay $25,000 in monthly installments of $2,500 starting July 2019 through April 2020.
The Manager will also be eligible for the Sponsor referral fee of $100 per new sponsor.
The Manager will report directly to the President and have interaction with the HCC Board of Directors and Huntley Curling Club membership.
This position is open to Huntley Curling Club members and non-members. Please forward your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com no later than June 10, 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview shortly thereafter.