On June 15th, we have a great fundraising opportunity in that Huntley Curling Club will be hosting a BBQ/Dance on the ice pad surface of the club that will run from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. This fundraiser will be open to the community at large as well as HCC members. Over the next three years, HCC will have to invest approximately $500,000 on roof and ice plant infrastructure repairs or replacement. We expect to pay for these costs through fundraising events such as this one, capital fee assessments, grants and loans.
The event features four musical groups:
- 6 – 7 p.m. – Wilson/Delcourt featuring HCC member Rod Delcourt
- 7 – 8 p.m. – Jillian Kerr
- 8 – 9 p.m. – Taming Vegas featuring HCC member Paul Norman
- 9 – close – Sidewinder featuring HCC member Shawn Lynch
However, we need your support in two ways:
- Through ticket sales – get some friends and come and join us. Tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased on line at www.ahotsummernight.com
- By volunteering to work at the event. We still need people for the following:
- Two volunteers for Thursday evening (June 13th) to load and unload tables and chairs from the Arena to the club.
- Two volunteers to help set up the ice pad surface of the club Saturday morning (June 15th) starting at 9 a.m.
- Four Volunteer bartenders to pour drinks from 9 p.m. to close on Saturday (June 15th) – must be Smart Serve certified
- Four volunteers to work the BBQ function from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday (June 15th.
- Two volunteers to take admittance tickets from 9 p.m. to close on Saturday (June 15th)
- One volunteer to sell drink tickets from 9 p.m. to close on Saturday (June 15th)
People volunteering get free admittance to the dance as well as getting a great head start on their 2019/20 volunteer duties.
If you can help out please contact Peter Smith at email@example.com
We have a big job ahead of us to pay for the infrastructure repairs but with everyone’s support, we can minimize the financial impact on the membership as a whole. Please step up and volunteer not only for this event but for other events that we will be holding in the future.