Over the next three years, HCC will have to invest approximately $500,000 on roof and ice plant infrastructure repairs or replacement. We expect to pay for these costs through fundraising, capital fee assessments, grants and loans. On June 15th, we have a great fundraising opportunity in that Huntley Curling Club will be hosting a BBQ/Dance on the ice pad surface of the club that will run from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. This fundraiser will be open to the community at large as well as HCC members. The event features four musical groups:
- 6 – 7 p.m. – Wilson/Delcourt featuring HCC member Rod Delcourt
- 7 – 8 p.m. – Jillian Kerr
- 8 – 9 p.m. – Taming Vegas featuring HCC member Paul Norman
- 9 – close – Sidewinder featuring HCC member Shawn Lynch
However, we need your support in two ways:
- Through ticket sales – get some friends and come and join us. Tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased online at www.ahotsummernight.com
- By volunteering to work at the event. We still need people for the following:
- Two volunteers for Thursday evening (June 13th) to load and unload tables and chairs from the Arena to the club.
- Two volunteers to help set up the ice pad surface of the club Saturday morning (June 15th) starting at 9 a.m.
- Four Volunteer bartenders to pour drinks from 9 p.m. to close on Saturday (June 15th) – must be Smart Serve certified
- Four volunteers to work the BBQ function from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday (June 15th.
- Two volunteers to take admittance tickets from 9 p.m. to close on Saturday (June 15th)
- One volunteer to sell drink tickets from 9 p.m. to close on Saturday (June 15th)
People volunteering get free admittance to the dance as well as getting a great head start on their 2019/20 volunteer duties.
If you can help out please contact Peter Smith at email@example.com
We have a big job ahead of us to pay for the infrastructure repairs but with everyone’s support, we can minimize the financial impact on the membership as a whole. Please step up and volunteer not only for this event but for other events that we will be holding in the future.