February 8-9, 2020
New this year is a two-day competition between Huntley, Almonte, Carleton Place and Richmond Curling Clubs. There will be 4 different events:
- Two Senior Mixed (teams comprised of two men and two women curlers. Men and Women must be 60 years of age or older to compete);
- Two Mixed (teams comprised of two men and two women aged 25 or older);
- Two Mens (teams comprised of 4 men aged 25 or older)
- Two Ladies (teams comprised of 4 ladies aged 25 or older)
Cost is $45 per curler which includes lunch and dinner on Feb. 8th and lunch on Feb. 9th.
Curlers can represent Huntley in only one event. If more than 2 teams sign up for a division, playoffs will happen Feb 1/2.
You can register for these events using the following links:
WHAT IS THE PRESIDENT’S CHALLENGE?
The President’s Challenge is a two-day competition between Huntley, Richmond, Almonte and Carleton Place. Each club will field two teams in each of four divisions:
- Senior Mixed – Teams of two men and two women aged 60 plus (as of Jan. 1, 2020)
- Open Mixed – Teams of two men and two women aged 25 plus (as of Jan. 1, 2020)
- Ladies – Teams of four ladies aged 25 plus (as of Jan. 1, 2020)
- Men’s – Teams of four men aged 25 plus (as of Jan. 1, 2020)
WHEN IS THE EVENT HELD?
The event will take place Feb. 8th and 9th at Huntley Curling Club.
HOW MANY GAMES DOES EACH TEAM PLAY?
Each team will play three (3) games over the two day period.
HOW LONG IS EACH GAME?
Each game will be 6 ends, with a time limit.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE DETERMINED?
Points will be awarded for wins, losses, ties, ends and final score. Total points from all games will determine the club that wins the overall event and take home the trophy. There are also trophies for the winners in each division.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost is $45 per curler. This includes 3 games, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
HOW DO I APPLY TO PLAY FOR HUNTLEY?
Teams can sign up online at the Huntley Curling Club Events page or in the club on the Sign Up Sheet at the rear of the club.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MORE THAN TWO TEAMS SIGN UP TO PLAY IN ANY DIVISION?
We can accommodate up to 8 teams signing up for any division. If more than two teams sign up to play in any given division, there will be a “Play-In” to determine which teams will represent Huntley. These “Play-Ins” will take place later in January (dates to be determined)
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- A curler may only register for one team in one division.
- Spares are allowed but again, may only play for one team