Postponement of AGM to September 10, 2020

NEW We have posted the slides for the AGM

Hello fellow curlers. 

We hope you are staying safe and dealing as best you can with the continued requirements of social distancing during COVID-19. In this regard, the HCC Board of Directors has decided to postpone the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to September 10th, 2020.  The rationale for this decision in these truly extra-ordinary times is:

  • Based on current trends, there is unlikely to be lifting of the social restrictions to a point to allow large group gatherings of 40 people in June which would be required for quorum at the meeting.
  • There is still a lot of uncertainty concerning curling operations for the coming season.  While we have looked at a number of scenarios, we feel that the AGM will be much more to the point if we can say with higher certainty what our plans for curling are for the 2020-21 season.
  • We are preparing the summary of financial results and directors reports for the past season and will provide access to this information by June 10th via members access on our website.  This will allow the Board to report back to the members on performance and achievements, while we wait for a more appropriate time to hold the AGM.

Note today, May 28th, all members of the Huntley website received an email indicating that their “registration for Huntley Curling Club has been approved”. This was due to reactivation of your account. (Normally In order to ensure only members of our club who are registered for the upcoming season have access to the private areas of our website, we would deactivate all 2020 accounts.)  However, due to the postponement of the AGM, our financial statements and other sensitive materials will be posted to the website to keep members informed of the club’s status, thus we have temporarily reactivated everyone. In the fall, we will ensure anyone not registered for our curling season will again be deactivated.

The Board is continuing to prepare for the upcoming curling season. We have pushed back the membership preference date to July 31st due to COVID-19 uncertainty and are making plans for payment deferment. League schedules are being drafted and we have a preliminary schedule of club events. Capital planning activity is ongoing as we continue to address the long term requirements of the curling club.  We continue to monitor COVID-19 developments and advice from OVCA, CurlON and Curling Canada.

We thank you for your ongoing support of Huntley Curling Club and your understanding regarding the AGM postponement.  As we get more clarity on the upcoming season the Board will continue to update the membership. Finally, we wish you all good health and an enjoyable summer.


Dan Zanetti

On Behalf of HCC Board of Directors