The HCC Board has voted to adjust most of the COVID-19 protocols established in September, so that we are more focused
on details that actually prevent transmission. Thus, the following revisions are now applicable:
- Locker rooms are now open for regular use. No need to show up wearing your curling clothes.
- There are no restrictions on the time to arrive before your match, or for leaving after.
- The lounges will no longer be divided, so that there will be more room to assemble prior to your match.
- Sanitizing the areas off the ice will be reduced to once per day, which conforms to the current Public Health
guidelines. This is to occur just before Twilight draws Mon-Fri, and before Morning draws Sat-Sun. If other leagues
wish to add more sanitizing, that is acceptable.
The protocols that will remain in force include:
- All those entering the club must be double vaccinated against COVID-19, must have signed the various waivers, and must
have registered for contact tracing at each visit.
- All entrants to the club must wear COVID-19 protection masks, except while sitting or while on the ice.
- Traffic flow through the basement, and entry/exit doors for the ice area must be maintained.
- Sanitizing of rock handles and scoreboards at each match will be required.
- Communal use of anything (kitchen, food, dishes, water, equipment) is not permitted. No handshakes are permitted.
- Respect the 2 meter separation as much as possible.
- Non-members and casual spectators are not permitted in the club, unless they receive specific approval for certain
events, and are screened for compliance to the club’s COVID-19 protocols.