April 18-24, 2022 Postponed to next season
This final club event of the season is held in honour of Cathy Shane-Valliant, Past President and long-time volunteer at Huntley Curling Club, a good curler and an all-around great person.
1 – SCHEDULE & EVENTS
- Event commences Easter Monday, April 18 and finishes Sunday, April 24, 2022.
- Curling every day, total of 18 draws, with prizes for category winners after Playoffs.
- Game times
Mon 6:30pm & 8:15pm, Tues 6:30pm & 8:15pm, Wed 6:30pm & 8:15pm, Thurs 6:30 pm& 8:15pm
Fri 5:00pm, 6:45pm & 8:00pm
Sat 9:30am, 11:15am, 1:00pm, 2:45pm
Sun 10:00am, 12:30pm, 3pm
- Game times
- Chili lunch for participants on Saturday by our famous caterer and member Whitney Toogood.
- Our famous Horse Races on Saturday evening starting at 6:30pm, hosted by our equally famous Ross Valliant.
- Casino Night following the Horse Races, around 8:00pm, including Blackjack, Roulette, Crown & Anchor, hosted by Full House Casino Rentals, non-members welcome. Amazing prizes available.
- Our valley-famous Washing Machine hip-o-beef dinner on Sunday, non-members welcome, seating at 5:00pm & 6:00pm.
2 – FEES
- Curlers: $60 per participant via on-line registration, includes minimum 5 curling R/R matches per team, plus lunch on Saturday, plus entry to Horse Races and Casino Night, including $500 Casino play money, plus finger foods during Casino, plus Playoff matches on final day if ranked.
- Non-Curlers: $30 at the door for visitors to Races and Casino, gets you $500 to play plus finger food. Extra $500 Casino money available for $20.
- All: $30 per person for Sunday beef dinner, must pre-purchase dinner tickets on-line.
3 – CURLING
- 24 teams, 6 players per team, total of 144 participants.
- Participants register online individually, or as pairs who wish to curl together, state position.
- Round Robin format with 4 pools of 6 teams, followed by Playoffs on final day.
- Round Robin matches will be 6 ends, Playoff matches will be 8 ends.
- Each team member plays minimum 3 and maximum 4 matches in Round Robin. All 6 team members play in each Playoff match.
- Event coordinators will determine each team makeup by selecting from all participants, with the goal of evening out total skill/experience level of each team.
- After the Round Robin, teams in each pool are ranked based on total wins, with ties broken by head-to-head record, then number of ends won.
- Playoffs will include the 4 top-ranked teams in each pool. Each rank plays one other team of same rank in the Semi-finals, then the Semi-final winners of equal rank will play off in the Final, producing A, B, C and D winners for the event, who receive team trophies and prizes.
- All 6 team members will get to play in each Playoff match, with Skip and Vice remaining constant, and remaining players playing 4 ends each, in any order.
- Spares will not be permitted, and a minimum of 3 players are required for a match.
- If insufficient players register, teams will be formed of either 5 or 4 members.
- 5-rock FGZ will apply. No extra ends – ties will be broken by single-rock shootout.
- Time limit during Round Robin – no end to be started after 1 hour + 25 minutes of play.
4 – HORSE RACES: 6:30pm Saturday night
- Two races will be completed with 6 “horses”.
- “Jockeys” to be selected from willing participants in the audience.
- Race announcer Ross Valliant advances horses using dice, trainer Cory Mundy using whip.
- Auctioning for horse owners, betting by anyone for winners, 50% of total bets to winners, 50% to club, all auctioning and bets before races start.
5 – CASINO: 8:00pm Saturday night
- Game tables will include 5 Blackjack, 1 Roulette, and 1 Crown & Anchor.
- Each participant receives $500 play money with entry fee and can purchase another $500 for a $20 fee.
- Winnings can be traded in for raffle tickets. At end of the evening there will be various prizes awarded to drawn raffle tickets, including two single-league club memberships for next season, and other special prizes.
6 – FOOD
- Toogood’s Kitchen chili (both meat and vegetarian) lunch for all participants mid-day Saturday, included in entry fee.
- Toogood’s Kitchen finger foods during Casino Night, included in entry fee, visitors welcome.
- Washing Machine hip-o-beef dinner with all the trimmings Sunday evening, pre-purchased tickets only, visitors welcome.
7 – SAFETY
- COVID-19 has not gone away, and to protect our members we are continuing to insist that all visitors be double vaccinated and show proof of that upon entry. Members are already cleared.
8 – GENERAL
- This is our final event of the season, and we want all members to sign up and be welcome! Last time to see your friends this season. This is also an important fundraiser for our new roof.
- If you are not curling, you can still come out for the Races/Casino night, plus the beef dinner.