Please note: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will NOT be required for the 2022-2023 curling season.
The Huntley Curling Club is proud to offer a wide variety of leagues for all types of curlers. Regular league play begins Tuesday, October 11, 2022. If you are looking to join our club and need help finding a team, please fill in the Looking for a Team form. If you are looking for team members, check the Looking for a Team List.
Browse the pages in this section to find your fit! This is our Overall League Schedule.
|Morning||Open; Fixed Teams||Open; Drawn Teams||Ottawa Valley Senior Leagues||Open; Drawn Teams||Stick Curling||Mixed Doubles; Fixed Teams||Youth U15/U18/U21 Instruction|
|Afternoon||Open; Drawn Teams||Open; Fixed Teams||Open; Fixed Doubles||Youth U13 Instruction|
|Twilight||Open; Fixed Teams||Womens; Fixed Teams||Open; Fixed Teams||Open; Fixed Teams||Youth U21||Adult Learn to Curl|
|Evenings||Open; Fixed Teams||Mens; Fixed Teams||Mixed; Fixed Teams||Open; Fixed Teams||Open Social; Fixed Draws||U5; Fixed Draws|
Curling Etiquette: how to be a good Curler
We are all out for the fun, competition, exercise, and camaraderie. How we approach our time here at the club can affect how much we enjoy our time, and can have a major impact on how much others enjoy themselves. Please take 30 seconds and have a quick read through this excellent article that discusses our sport’s nearly unique philosophy about competition: What it means to be a good Curler
Here is an excellent review of both the etiquette of curling, as well as a clear and short explanation of the basic rules in words that any curler can understand. These include how to deal with a burnt or moved rock, where to stand, who can sweep where, etc. We could all profit from a quick re-read of this article thanks to Carleton Place Curling Club: Basic Curling etiquette and rules
And here are the official Rules of Curling .
- Open – 4 members of any gender in any order
- Mixed – 4 members, 2 female and 2 male, genders must alternate throwing
- Mixed doubles – 2 members, 1 female and 1 male
- Mens – 4 male members
- Womens – 4 female members
- Fixed teams – the same members play together for the entire curling season, if you’re going to miss a game you’re going to have to find a spare
- Fixed draws – the same members play together for a single draw, then are remixed for the next draw according to the format of each particular league
- Drawn teams – teams are put together before each game based on the members who showed up to curl