New Curlers Welcome!
Curling is one of Canada’s and the world’s premier sports. There is no greater way to spend the long dark winter hours than throwing some rocks, meeting new friends and sharing some good memories and laughs. Whether you’re 18 or 80 the Huntley Curling Club is offering a Learn To Curl program, based on the guidelines of the Canadian Curling Association, and offered by a growing number of curling clubs across the country.
This program is a great way to get introduced to curling and gain entry to a club and its leagues for your ongoing enjoyment and playing of the game. Some of the best coaches and curlers from our club will be teaching adults how to curl in a structured 10-week program.
The cost is $250.00 for 10 sessions and receive $100 credit to join a league!
- Sessions are on Saturdays, from 1:30 to 3:30 pm (curlers are asked to arrive no later than 1:15 pm)
- Starts Oct 19, 2019, and runs to Dec 21, 2019
- Maximum 32 Learn To Curlers
- Learn to Curlers receive a “gripper” and a “step-on slider” to use during the sessions (and we show you what they are and how to use them)
- Brooms are provided for the Learn to Curl sessions
- There is a bonspiel for Learn To Curlers, and for recent Graduates (under 3 years curling experience) on Dec 28 and 29, 2019
- Learn to Curl graduates are encouraged to sign up for the Sat Evening Social league, where they will mix in with other curlers with under 5 years curling experience and enjoy their new skills.
- 2019/20 L2C registrants/graduates receive a $100 credit toward future HCC Membership fees.
The program is based on the Canadian Curling Association’s Learn to Curl Program offered at many clubs across the country and is designed to provide comprehensive instruction on all aspects and of course playing in the sport of curling for new or novice curlers.
The program combines classroom topics with, of course, lots of on-ice instruction and playing time on a weekly basis spanning 10 weeks.
Topics covered include etiquette, strategy, equipment, rules of the game, and of course the fundamentals of delivery, shot-making and sweeping, etc.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlike the traditional one day clinics, this comprehensive program will help entry level curlers acquire knowledge and skill in all aspects of the game and get progressively better in playing the game as the weeks go by.